The GT-225i weed trimmer is a lightweight, curved shaft weed wacker that is easy to maneuver around trees and posts. The i-75 starting system reduces starting efforts by 75%. The ergonomic adjustable handle allows you to customize the location for better handling. All ECHO yard trimmer engines are certified with the highest EPA engine durability rating.
- Use a 50:1 ratio of fuel to oil mix for 2-stroke cycle engines, recommend using only fresh gas with a minimum octane rating of 89 or higher (mid-grade to premium) at all times
- 50:1 ratio equal 1 US Gal. 89 octane plus 2.6 fl. oz. ECHO PowerBlend gold oil or ECHO red armor oil
- 21.2 cc professional-grade 2 stroke engine
- Weed trimmer features a 21.2 cc professional-grade 2-stroke engine
- i-75 starting system reduces starting effort by 75%
- Weed wacker comes with a 5-year consumer/2-year commercial warranty
- Ergonomic adjustable handle for a custom fit
- 2-line Rapid-Loader for easy line changes
- 16 in. cutting swath
- Easiest starting curved shaft trimmer available
- 48 in. curved shaft for easy maneuverability
- Shaft Type: Curved
- Head Type: Fixed
- Engine Type: 2-Stroke
- Engine Cycles: 2 Cycle
- CA (CARB) Compliant: CARB Compliant
- Trimmer Line Type: String
- Power Type: Gas
- Features: Precut Lines,Translucent Fuel Tank
- Assembly Required: No
- Number of Trim Lines: 2
- Fuel Tank Capacity (oz.): 14.2
- Start Type: Manual
- Included: String
- Trimmer Type: Hand Held
- Engine Displacement (cc): 21.2
- Refurbished: No
- Product Weight (lb.): 10.6 lb
- Line Advance System: Fixed
- Recommended Line Diameter (in.): .095
- Shaft Length (in.): 48
- Maximum cutting path diameter (in.): 16
- Assembled Depth (in.): 54 in
- Line Style Size: .095
- Assembled Width (in.): 12.4 in
- Assembled Height (in.): 21.3 in
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
My 70 year old wife thinks its great . This is her 2nd one , first one lasted 6 or 7 years
I bought a straight shaft version of this trimmer 4 years ago and with the i75 starter it starts better than anything 2-stroke I have ever had. When my wife started having trouble getting her pair of old weed-eaters started I suggested the curved shaft Echo with the i75 starter. We have been well pleased. It has started on the second or third pull every time so far. Was pleasantly suprised how much easier it is on my back than the straight shaft. The straight shaft has advantages for heavier cutting and at times is more able to get into tight places. I also have an Echo trim saw that starts and runs very well. The new trimmer has the type head where you just pull the line back through when it wears down and insert another pre-cut line into the head. We get 2-3 cuttings of our lot per set of lines. This is easier for her than setting aside the trimmer that ran out of line and having to start another one. We have had our trimmer about a month.
Quality product, started immediately and has plenty of power. Light and well balanced. Originally purchased straight shaft version but was unhappy with small guard at trimmer head that threw too much debris on user.
Guard prevents it from getting too close to chain link fence, but could be a closer cut.String doesn’t cut as well at low speed, works well at High speedLight weight and easy to use! Thanks
Easy to use quick start line feed very easy. Overall nice machine.
Was not sure I would like the pre-cut line but it works very well. Can do my whole yard including trimming along a chain link fence without changing line. I bought the easy start model and it work great. I have an ECHO trim saw and a straight shaft trimmer and they are the best gas powered equipment I have ever owned. My wife prefers the curved shaft trimmer above all others and has had no problem starting it over 1 and one half years she has used it. Have always been impressed with the fact that these engines idle no issue if you have to set them down to do something and then resume cutting. They start better hot than any two stroke engines I have ever had. Like the quick line change feature on the straight shaft trimmer very much. My straight shaft trimmer is 5 years old and the chainsaw is 4 years old.
Echo Quality!! What more can I say! My 13 year old echo will be sold to some lucky person as a perfectly working item! The new unit works flawlessly and gives me one less problem in my life. Do yourself a favor, spend a few extra dollars for quality! Quality doesn’t cost- it pays!!
Very easy to use. Starts within a couple pulls and very easy to change the line.
very easy to order. delivered on time. runs better than my last echo that lasted me 14 years. i hav a small farm an this tool gets put to the test daily. awesome starting