Cuts extremely hard abrasive materials: Laminates, fiberglass, ceramic tile, marble, slate, cast iron and composites. Cutting edge of tungsten carbide particles bonded to alloy steel back. High heat and abrasion resistance, no teeth to dull or chip, resists snagging, smooth cutting, and greater wear resistance. Ideal for plumbing, construction, marine and aircraft applications.
- Cuts extremely hard abrasive materials
- Cutting edge of tungsten carbide particles bonded to alloy steel back
- High heat and abrasion resistance, no teeth to dull or chip, resists snagging and smooth cutting
- Recommended for cutting laminates, fiberglass, ceramic tile, slate, cast iron and composites
- Drill Bit Type(s) Included: Hole Saw
- Min Chuck Size Required: N/A
- Teeth Per Inch: N/A
- Shank Style: Square
- Arbor Size: 1/4 in
- Arbor included: Yes
- Tools Product Type: Power Tool
- Bit Material: Carbide
- Pilot Bit Included: Yes
- Individual/Set: Individual
- Material Cut: Multi-Purpose
- Drill Bit Type: Hole Saw
- Hole Saw Diameter (in): 1″
- Shank Diameter: 1/4 in
- Drilling Depth (in): 0.875
- Bit Diameter: 1 in
- Bit Length (in.): 3.97
does what it needs to, used it to cut a hole in 3/8″ porcelain tile for a tub faucet, it worked well but the arbor hole in the center takes a lot of time to cut thru and got dull quickly. I constantly stopped and added water to the tile and dipped the bit in water to cool it down every 10 seconds. The central bit heated up to where it sizzled as i dipped it in water each time, porcelain is very tough. Once it got to the outer 1″ ring i went much quicker, more surface area means it wares much less. I was able to use it to make another hole for the shower head spout.So it works well but you have to be patient with it, its a much cheaper option than buying a whole set of diamond tipped ceramic hole saw bits and arbor. If you’re a do it yourselfer and only going to use it for 1 project then its perfect. If you’re a professional and going to use it many times for multiple projects then get a professional diamond hole saw set.once i cut thru, i used the burred sides to widen the hole to make it fit the pipe better which was another good feature.
Bought this to make a hole in a tub surround, worked great and used for the shower spout through tile as well.