The Swanson 12 in. Aluminum Scale Ruler is a 3-sided ruler with an extensive array of scales in precision-etched gradations. The lightweight, durable frame is easy to handle for more accuracy when designing and marking. This unique ruler is perfect for architects and builders.
- Anodized aluminum construction for durability
- 3-double-sided rulers allows 6-different measurement scales in 1-tool
- Grooved design allows easy scribing
- Laser-etched gradations offer high level of accuracy
- White gradients over black anodizing provide contrast for easy reading
- Scales include 1/2 in., 1/4 in., 1/8 in., 1/16 in. and 1/32 in.
- Material: Aluminum
- Measurement Standard: SAE
- Tools Product Type: Hand Tool
- Condition: New
- Features: Hand-Held,Straight Edge
- Hand Tool Type: Ruler
- Unit of Length: Inch,Millimeter
- Assembled Depth (in.): 12 in
- Assembled Width (in.): 0.75 in
- Assembled Height (in.): 0.75 in
What we have here is an architects scale. It is similar to the Pickett scale I used when working as a designer in the electric utility industry. It has the same scales as the Pickett but the rotation to the different scales is the opposite of the Pickett so if you are used to that orientation that may be an issue. This scale is black with white numbers which I found easy to use. This tool will be handy for creating drawings for DYI projects in my home shop. The only real issue I have with scale is the corners are sharp when they should be softened. If it used to scale old drawings they could catch and damage delicate paper and it is not comfortable handling from the ends.
Sturdy, easy to read and very stylish!
This is a pretty standard drafting scale with all the necessary scales for designing and drafting a structure. I like the the etching on the black frame for the markings. the etched markings are very early to read against a the black frame and it looks cool too. It’s made of aluminum so it’s nice and light but plenty sturdy. Really no cons to speak of.
Nice quality aluminum architects scale. As a builder I use these scales frequently to determine dimensions from plans. This scale is nice quality, but all the scales are white on black, rather than color coded as is typical. On the other hand, this scale stands out against white plan pages, so easily found on the plan table on the job site.Made in China
Due the this cov 19 didn’t get a chance to tryout
It’s great ease to read heavy dudy
This is a fairly standard drafting scale rule. Features common 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 inch scales. The edges seem to be slightly on the sharp side. I appreciate the high contrast between the black aluminum and the laser etched markings. My only improvement would be to give the 1/4 scale a bit more variance in the marks to make easier to see.