The WOOD MAGNET is a cutting-edge tool developed for professional framing carpenters and skilled craftsmen. It slides on to and firmly grips any 2X dimensional material: 2x4s, 2x6s, 2x8s and more, revolutionizing the way you level posts. No more need to constantly re-confirm a post’s level measurement on 2 sides because the Wood Magnet is a constant visual confirmation that a piece is still level while you focus on the bigger task at hand, whether it’s attaching braces or pouring concrete, etc. The Wood Magnet can be used to set up and level joists and beams, it’s great for installing posts and it will help you accurately level grades and screed walkways and gardens. The innovative design of the Wood Magnet replaces many other levels. Great for decking, fences and countless other projects. Look for the Swanson patented Diamond. It will not fall off any leveling material. This is a must-have tool for every tool box and 3 easy-to-read vials for maximum visibility and accuracy.
- Comfortable, the wood magnet is made with a cushioned rubber grip for comfort and ease of use, fits snugly to a variety of materials for hands-free work
- Versatile, includes 3 vials that help you plumb and level posts, pipes, railings, poles and any variety of projects hands free and at a glance from 2-angles
- Solid, made of an ABS high-impact composite, the wood magnet is rugged and built to withstand years of use
- Innovative, the wood magnet compresses and fits over the edge of any piece of standard 2X lumber material, once compressed it doesn’t fall off; although it is easy to remove, additionally, you can use it to plumb square posts and round pipes up to 4 in. in diameter making the wood magnet a handy hands-free stud level, plate level, screed level or post level
- Useful, also features a built-in, thick rubber band that helps securely hold the wood magnet in place while you position the material properly
- Quality design, we believe the exacting quality and accuracy of our product has kept the Swanson name on the minds of our customers for more than 90-years
- Level Type: Multi
- Package Quantity: 1
- Material: Plastic
- Tools Product Type: Hand Tool
- Condition: New
- Features: Hand-Held,No Additional Features
- Hand Tool Type: Hand Tool Accessory
- Accuracy: 0.029
- Number of Vials: 3
- Level Length (in.): 10.25
- Assembled Depth (in.): 5.5 in
- Assembled Width (in.): 2.38 in
- Assembled Height (in.): 10.25 in
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
This level is excellent for one man jobs. A heavy rubber band was provided, but I have yet to need it. I have built alot of fences and small shops and it is perfect for stick framing, especially because I do it by myself. The heavy plastic makes it durable and the level guides are definitely in the right places. It is rainproof and that is essential in Oregon.
The Wood Magnet is a tool that you might think at first glance is something that has limited use and after once using it imagination will come up with many more uses. I found it useful as a long level extender by attaching it to a 2×4 thus making it useable to extra lengths. It came in handy for setting a floor jack plumb. We used it to attach to a drainage pipe to assure the proper slope. It has so many adaptable uses by it’s unique design. It is great to straddle 2″ stock, keeping it in place which is generically a difficult task for a person working alone. The rubberband holder is difficult to figure out.
I would absolutely recommend this. I just wish I had it this last summer when I was setting fence posts around my yard. It works wonderfully. It has strong rubber band to hold it onto the 4×4 or 4×6 or whatever. It fits snugly onto a 2×4 or 2×3 or 2×6 etc. I just think it’s amazing and I will use it to this next spring when setting some more posts and also building my shed. It’s a very sturdy plastic and well-built piece of equipment.Very satisfied with this and looking forward to using it in the future
The level work good for sliding it on a 2x but the rubber band doesn’t work. There isn’t a way to tie it around the post.
SWANSON 8 IN. WOOD MAGNETNo more holding a level against a 4×4 post or stud to get it plumb on both planes. This is like two levels in one. It clips onto a any 2X or using the band included you just put it against any one of the 4 corners of a 4X4, 6X6 etc. It is made very durable with high strength plastic. Very helpful when one person is setting a post or framing a wall. No need to call for the spouse to hold the timber for you.
This product worked and made it easier to level wood frames and also to level the fireblocks. It just takes a bit of getting used to. I kept grabbing the basic level and checking with it but after a bit I would remember to use to wood magnet level and it worked perfect. You could check level easier and since it sticks to the wood it would free up your hand