The Capri Tools bit sockets are made for the most demanding professionals. Each of our bit sockets is made from custom forged steel that underwent a proprietary heat treatment process and precisely machined to perform in toughest situations. Premium S2 steel forged bits are exceptionally strong and durable. They withstand high torque and do not twist, protecting both the bit and the fastener. All bits feature chamfered end to ensure a smooth fit onto fasteners. Long bits let you work on fasteners in hard to reach areas. The sockets are constructed with premium Chrome Vanadium steel and plated with our own chrome protective plating. They are durable and resist corrosion. The bits come installed on our premium double-sided socket rail to keep the socket bits securely organized. Meets and exceeds ASME B107.110 standards. Set includes (7) long hex bit sockets in SAE: 1/4 in. drive (3-1/16 in. long bit): 1/8, 5/32, 3/16 in.; 3/8 in. drive (2-3/4 in. long bit): 7/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 in.
- Made for the most demanding professionals, each of our bit sockets is made from custom forged premium steel that underwent proprietary heat treatment and precisely machined to perform in toughest situations
- Premium S2 steel forged bits are exceptionally strong and durable, these S2 steel bits withstand high torque and do not twist, protecting both the bit and the fastener
- Chamfered end to ensure a smooth fit onto fasteners
- Long bits let you work on fasteners in hard to reach areas
- Premium chrome vanadium steel sockets plated with our chrome protective plating are durable and corrosion resistant
- Meets and exceeds ASME B107.110 standards
- Come with our premium double-sided socket rail with detent ball spring clips to keep the socket bits securely organized
- Set includes: 7 long hex bit sockets in SAE: 1/4 in. drive (3-1/16 in. L bit): 1/8 in., 5/32 in., 3/16 in.; 3/8 in. drive (2-3/4 in. L bit): 7/32 in., 1/4 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in.
- Bit Socket Type: Hex
- Socket Depth: Intermediate
- Measurement Standard: SAE
- Universal: Non-Universal
- Number of Pieces: 7
- Tools Product Type: Hand Tool
- Hand Tool Type: Socket Set
- Individual/Set: Set
- Socket Type: Hex Bit
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
These are very high quality Hex Bits. The set consists of 7 Hex bits, four of which require a 3/8 inch socket wrench and three require a 1/4 inch wrench. They are just what I needed to remove the legs off of a couch so I could get it into my basement. The bits themselves are made from premium S2 steel. One of the things I really like about these bits are that they are “true to size” for the whole length of the bit, unlike traditional bits that have a larger top and then taper down to bit size. With traditional style bits, if the hex screw is recessed at all, it makes it hard to reach it. With the Capri bits, you can reach a recessed screw up to the full length of the bit, which is about 3 inches long. An added bonus for these bits is that they come with a very nice “rail” system for storage. The rail has a “bearing” style holder which means the socket fits snugly and won’t fall off when hung on a wall or placed in a tool chest. The rail is also slotted on the end so that it works with a wall mounting system. These are definitely a great addition to my tool set. One last reminder, the sockets on the hex bits are not designed to be used with an impact style driver. They should be used with a hand driven socket wrench only.
The set is manufactured by Capri Tools in Taiwan. Included in the set are seven hexagonal bits mounted in either 1/4″ or 3/8″ sockets. The sockets are nicely chrome plated and should last for a long time. Each of the bit sizes are clearly stamped into the sockets in the following sizes followed by the socket size: 1/8″; 5/32″; 3/16″ (1/4″) and 7/32″; 1/4″; 5/16″ and 3/8″ (3/8″) . Included in the set is a nifty storage rack that keeps the bits neatly stored. The bits are made using S2 tool steel with the recommendation that only hand tools be used and absolutely no power tools. One of the bit features is that the bit size is constant along the length of the bits The bit length is 2 3/4″ minimum long making them ideal to get into tight spaces. One use that makes these bits very useful is to remove those pesky oil plugs about 3/8″ size on power equipment. using the socket end into the oil plug the long bit can now be gripped easily using channel locks or another socket. This is great compared to other socket measures where 12 point sockets would have to be used to grab onto a 4 point plug head.Overall consider purchasing both the SAE and metric sets to accommodate most household sizes. They also come with a lifetime guarantee and of they are recommended.
It seems like a good product