Take advantage of more power with our 20V MAX* brushless tools with FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE tool technology. The Grinder has up to 54% more power when paired with a DCB606 FLEXVOLT battery vs. a DCB205 20V MAX* battery. The brushless motor delivers 1,550 max watts out and up to 9,000 rpm. This Grinder is part of our PERFORM & PROTECT product line with Kickback Brake and E-CLUTCH System. Battery and charger sold separately.
- Up to 54% more power** when paired with FLEXVOLT batteries
- Kickback Brake engages with maximum force to quickly stop the wheel and shut off the grinder when a bind-up occurs
- E-CLUTCH shuts down the motor in under a tenth of a second when a pinch/stall is detected
- Compatible with all DEWALT 20V MAX* and FLEXVOLT Batteries
- E-Switch Protection requires the trigger switch to be cycled (turned off and on) in the event of a power outage or other unexpected shutdowns to restart
- Tool Connect Chip Ready: Chip pocket accepts Tool Connect Chip DCE042 and connects with Tool Connect Site Manager app for easy asset management on the jobsite. (DCE042 sold separately)
- Maximum Speed (rpm): 9000
- Battery Amp Hours: No Battery
- Electronic Speed Control: No
- Cordless Tool Type: Angle Grinder
- Charger Included: Charger Not Included
- Arbor Size: .625
- Cordless/ Corded: Cordless
- Battery Size: Lithium Ion
- Number of Total Batteries Included: 0
- Battery Power Type: Lithium Ion
- Tools Product Type: Power Tool
- Amperage (amps): 0.0
- Included: No Additional Items Included
- Variable Speed: No
- Color Family: Yellow
- Condition: New
- Power Tool Features: Adjustable Handle Position
- Grinder Switch Type: Paddle
- Battery/Charger: Tool Only
- Voltage (volts): 20
- Batteries Included: No
- Product Weight (lb.): 3.92 lb
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Wheel Diameter (in.): 4.5
- Product Height (in.): 6.3
- Product Depth (in.): 12.8
- Product Width (in.): 4.72
Okay, packaging is adequate for shipping and the box has enough details to make a choice. Tool itself is nicely balanced once the battery pack is attached. With this unit, it accommodates many cutting, grinding wheels for the task at hand. Once underway, it seems to have plenty of power for a tool of this size. Battery life depends on many options. Blades and wheels change out nicely!
This grinder is the best makes my job extremely easier now.
Dewalt hit a Home run with the grinder. I have read alot of reviews on cordless grinders so I was a little skeptical when I got this one. The shield is easily adjust and quick release, the arbor comes off with a supplied allen key. In comparison to my corded grinder it is a little bigger and heavier. Torque feels about the same but I would give the edge to the corded one. But the advantage of cordless is portability. So I won’t be doing on long projects in the future so I don’t know how long a battery lasts, but for what I do most often I am glad to cut the cord. Great tool , Great brand. You can’t go wrong.
This grinder is light, the safest i used. Best handling. Very convenient blade cover and easy changing. I used a lot of grinder and this is the best i’ve seen. I highly recommend it.
This is the Third Dewalt battery operated tool I’ve received this month. The Dewalt Hedge Trimmer, Dewalt Grass Trimmer and Edger and this Angle Grinder. All three have worked wonderfully on just the power supplied by the 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion batteries. By the way, the battery and battery charger is NOT included with the Grinder, but if you have other Dewalt tools with the Flexvolt batteries and chargers, they appear to be cross-compatible. In fact, the Grinder has over 50% more power when paired with Flexvolt battery vs. 20V MAX battery. So when you deciding on the tool to use, consider the fact that the batteries are interchangeable. It appears that Dewalt is now using brushless motors on their tools. I found that the case with the tools I’ve received this week. It delivers 1,550 max watts out and up to 9,000 rpm. When I was using the tool to cut bricks, I quickly appreciated the Kickback Brake. It engaged with maximum force to quickly stop the wheel and shut off the grinder when a bind-up occurs. And the clutch shuts down the motor in under a tenth of a second when a pinch/stall is detected. Its lightweight in my opinion, powerful and versatile, but don’t expect the package to contain any accessories. It doesn’t. You’re only purchasing the motor unit and wrench to install accessories with. The tools such as the diamond saw blade or batteries would have to be purchased separately.
This tool works great. No cord to accidentally cut
Performed excellent right out of box. Plenty of power and run time on the 5ah battery. Have not tried it with the 60v battery yet but it supposedly will have 54% more power. Looking forward to it.
This Angle Grinder by DEWALT is another tool that I need for my collection of cordeles tools, it really helps a lot for the kind of work I do, sometimes is really difficult to get extension cord long or even power for where I’m working this DEWLAT angle grinder makes my job so much easier, all I need is to make sure I have a couple of batteries charge, I try it with the 20V battery and the flex volt if you are going to use it for a long period, the lock mechanism for changing the blades is just is very safety, also has a break once you release the power . I really like it definitely I recommend this Dewalt angle grinder 100%